It’s time to reflect on 2013 and Parkesburg news and newsmakers. The Parkesburg Gazette Year in Review brings you the top stories of 2013.
Topping 2013’s list is the Candidate Questionnaire of former Parkesburg Mayoral Candidate, Joseph Rzonca. Parkesburg Gazette readers were also most interested in the Parkesburg and Octorara Area Elections, Parkesburg Police Department contracts, and the Octorara Area Open Records drama. With just weeks left in the year, the Parkesburg 2014 Budget jumped up into the top five stories the year.
By far, Parkesburg Gazette’s top newsmaker was Joseph Rzonca. His Candidate Questionnaire has consistently been in the top five visited posts, since being published in early September. This makes Joseph Rzonca, Parkesburg Gazette’s Person of the Year. No matter what one personally feels about Rzanca, his candidacy, for better or for worse, has had the most to influence this year.
TOP HEADLINES of 2013
- Parkesburg Mayoral Candidate Questionnaire – Joseph Rzonca, Republican
- Parkesburg’s Primary Election Results 2013
- Pennsylvania’s Office of Open Records Orders Octorara to Produce Records
- Parkesburg 2014 Draft Budget
- Christiana Borough Police Department set to begin Atglen patrols by April 15
- Parkesburg man charged with sexually assaulting 9-year-old girl at a Leola home
- Press Release: Octorara Announces Dr Newcome to Resign Effective June 30th
- Letter to the Editor: Curious, Mysterious, and Troubling
- Christiana police start issuing citations in Atglen
- Growing Gap: 6% Living In Poverty In PA’s Wealthiest County
Our annual round-up of interesting and informative headlines includes Parkesburg Gazette’s most read and/or commented articles.